Forum Discussion

Alan_C__242013
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Feb 10, 2016

Using SAML AssertionConsumerServiceIndex and AttributeConsumingServiceIndex

How do I get the F5 APM to send the AssertionConsumerServiceIndex in place of AssertionConsumerServiceURL in a SAML AuthnRequest? Also for the AttributeConsumingServiceIndex how do I get the F5 APM to put this in the AuthnRequest.

I already have the relevant metadata definitions.

5 Replies

• Are you looking to have APM act as SAML SP and be able to use ACS Service Index? Can you please describe your desired use case and why your IDP is using this? APM does not support this today for SP side(it can though use multiple ACS indexes when acting as IDP). Please open support case with F5 and ask for your request to be linked to bug id 572455 which tracks this as an RFE

Alan_C__242013
      Thanks Michael. That this is not supported pretty much answers my question. The use case is that we are using an external IdP that not only supports the use of ACS indexes, but prefers their use over directly adding the ACS URL to AuthnRequest. They have just sent me an email asking that I use them. I'll take a look at the bug id you just mentioned.
  • Are you looking to have APM act as SAML SP and be able to use ACS Service Index? Can you please describe your desired use case and why your IDP is using this? APM does not support this today for SP side(it can though use multiple ACS indexes when acting as IDP). Please open support case with F5 and ask for your request to be linked to bug id 572455 which tracks this as an RFE

Alan_C__242013
      Thanks Michael. That this is not supported pretty much answers my question. The use case is that we are using an external IdP that not only supports the use of ACS indexes, but prefers their use over directly adding the ACS URL to AuthnRequest. They have just sent me an email asking that I use them. I'll take a look at the bug id you just mentioned.
  • hey guys , i am unable to find this bug id on the bug tracker, does that mean f5 now supports this?

we have this same request with ping federate now..