Forum Discussion

jkanm_258627
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
May 02, 2018
Solved

User authentidatin via APM by prompting the user for SSL

Hi, Is there a way to actually prompt the end-user to be able to SELECT which SSL cert to use for authentication? Basically - user hits , user is prompted WHICH ssl cert to use by the F5 (user can use cert in browser OR CAC card), The F5 will take this cert and sends it over to OCSP for validation if cert is valid. If pass - continue.

I'm using the client ssl profile set to IGNORE and a APM policy with On-Demand Cert Auth (tried both request/require) followed by OCSP validation of the cert.

The user isn't prompted - it looks like F5 just looks inside the SSL browser cert storage?

THank you for your input.

• OK - this now works (after we imported correct CA cert in user browser) the user is now getting prompted to select cert. I guess it looks to make sure it has valid CA signed cert first vs. just allowing user to select any cert.

1 Reply

• OK - this now works (after we imported correct CA cert in user browser) the user is now getting prompted to select cert. I guess it looks to make sure it has valid CA signed cert first vs. just allowing user to select any cert.