Forum Discussion

GabsC
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Sep 22, 2022

Static floating route

Good day,

I need to create a secondary route for a traffic I'm sending through a gre tunnel. I have a tunnel created and I have a route to send the packets into that tunnel but I want to create a secondary tunnel and create a secondary route to send the traffic into that tunnel in case the first one fails. In less words I want to create the similar to a floating static route in Cisco but in my BIP-IP. Is that possible?

3 Replies

• I think the best way to accomplish that is to use a gateway pool with your route destinations and create a priority group in the pool to establish the route's (effective) administrative distance. An example for you to get started (will likely require tweaking...not production ready). Note that priority-group activation is highest first, so as an administrative distance this is opposite a cisco route declaration. It's also dependent on monitors being accurate, so make sure however you decide to monitor your gateways, you're able to get successful responses during normal state.

ltm pool pool.tunnel_routes {
        members {
            172.16.2.2:any {
                address 172.16.2.2
                priority-group 10
                session monitor-enabled
                state down
            }
            172.16.2.3:any {
                address 172.16.2.3
                priority-group 5
                session monitor-enabled