Forum Discussion

T-bird_21960
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Sep 01, 2011

SSRS 2008 R2

We use F5 and our SSRS reports have to reload multiple times to pull up parameter prompts when hitting the VIP, but not when I hit the server directly. Ironically, hitting F5 (reload) multiple times gets the report to run in IE. When we skip the VIP and go directly to the report server, the query for the parameter dropdowns work fine and the report executes no problem. Anybody else having this issue?

4 Replies

• Sounds like you are experiencing authentication issues - most likely related to Kerberos authentication. Do you have OneConnect enabled on the virtual? If so, you might want to disable it. Also try to change the virtual to Performance Layer 4 and see if the issue still persist - and let us know. Thanks!
  • Hi Michael,

I sent your suggestion over to my networking team, but it turns out we do authentication differently. They did have a good fix though, and that was to implement sticky sessions. That kept interactive SSRS reports executing on the same server.

Thanks for your help though!

• Did you have OneConnect enabled on that VIP by any chance? Just curious - but glad to hear that you have this resolved - using persistence is definitely key for applications like this.