Forum Discussion

Alain_Estrellas
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Sep 17, 2015

SSL Offloading and HTTPS:8443 to HTTP:8080

I'm running an Openstack Swift-Proxy-Server and I've got a request to do SSL offloading in BigIP LTM.

From the application, the endpoint is SSL should terminate on BigIP LTM and the endpoint from BigIP LTM to Swift-Proxy-Server will be http://proxy.sample.com:8080.

Please help check my configurations since I am getting ConnectionError: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Here is my VS config:

Destination Address: 10.0.0.128 Service Port: 8443 | Others Protocol: TCP SSL Profile (Client): ssl_certificate Address Translation: Enabled Port Translation: Enabled: Source Port: Preserve Others is set to default

Here is my Monitor config:

Name: Monitor_8080 Type: TCP Alias Address: All Address Alias Service Port: 8080 Others is set to default

Here is my POOL config:

Health Monitors: Monitor_8080 Members: 10.0.0.129:8080 and 10.0.0.130:8080 Others is set to default

3 Replies

• Hi,

As virtual server address is in the same network than pool members, i think you need connections from LTM to servers must be initiated with LTM address.

to do it, you must enable source address translation Automap in the virtual server configuration.

• You just configure Automap or SNAT pool and you should be fine then.

-Jinshu

• Great Stanislas and Jinshu!

Solved the problem by creating SNAT List then configured translation to use Automap.