Forum Discussion

David_226
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Feb 12, 2023

SMTP and SNMP traps alerts email configuration

Hello,

I try to configure smtp and SNMP traps alerts but when i try to send email i had this error.

Could someone help me ?

8 Replies

David_226
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

I check the recommandations in this link but everythink recommanded is ok.

i dont know if the last sentence in error "your acces to submit messages to this email system has been rejected" and "Unable to relay for user@sierracollege.edu" are caused by the same issu.

Thanks

Paulius
        Icon for MVP rankMVP

David_226 I would recommend performing a tcpdump on the F5 to ensure that you are sending the message to the destination SMTP relay server as well as a capture on that server to ensure you are receiving the relay.

Paulius
      Icon for MVP rankMVP

David_226 depending on your configuration the specified interface could be different but the following is a possibility that would work for you no matter the interface. Please keep in mind that this will also capture traffic passing through your F5 if you have deployed it in path in your network rather than one arm mode/out of path.

tcpdump -nni 0.0 host <smtp_server_IP>

Paulius
      Icon for MVP rankMVP

David_226 I believe you are asking how to save what you capture and if so it should be the following.

tcpdump -nni 0.0 host <smtp_server_IP> -w <filename_include_full_path>
  • Hello,

my issue is fixed now.Sorry for the late.After firewall checking , the SMTP was been blocked.

Thanks all