Forum Discussion

Ajac
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jul 13, 2017

APM - Radius Class matching

Hi,

Have set up APM for remote login to our company, and for the most part everything works just fine. For the "normal" user there is a combined RSA/Radius and AD authentication process to get the two-factor authentication.

The problem that I have now is login for some partners and support organizations. As they do not have AD accounts I can not assign resources based on AD groups. I need to match the radius class (i believe it is class 25) to assign resources. This is done in the current remote access solution that is in place right now (pulse secure), but I can't get my head around it in APM.

As I understand it it should be located in the variable: session.radius.last.attr.class But I can't make anything of the hex string presented there... I have set up a test account in radius that has the class set to "F5-Test", but I am unable to find this anywhere.

Any ideas on how this is done in APM, if it is even possible to do???

//A

1 Reply

Josiah_39459
    Historic F5 Account

When you make a branch expression (for example in the Advanced Resource Assign Agent), if you refer to the pre-built "RADIUS Class Attribute" instead of session.radius.last.attr.class you should be able to deal with it as if it were plain text.

In a irule or similar you would have to do a fairly complicated decoding, but it sounds like for your needs the pre-built "RADIUS Class Attribute" branch rule variable should work fine.