Forum Discussion

portoalegre
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Nov 05, 2020
Solved

Reset Trust after upgrade

Hi all!

I'm upgrading my LTM pair (Primary/Standby) i2600 from 12.1x to 14.1.x. Will I need to reset trust between devices to syncronize?

If I remember I had to once after a software upgrade, I thought you would only need to perform a reset if you replacing hardware for example but rather a software upgrade like the above you shouldn't lose trust? I'm interested what decides a trust reset between a pair.

• Hi portoalegre,

No need to reset Device Trust Members devices after software upgrade.

You right, if you are replace hardware equipment you have to do it (or change management ip)

Regards

4 Replies

• The trust will not break during the upgrade.

You'll be starting with the upgrade on the Standby as usual. But the configs wont get synchronized (if there's any changes happening during this time frame) - as the SW versions will be different.

Then you'll make the standby as Active and start the upgrade on the other box. The trust will be same and finally devices will be back to In-Sync.

• Hi portoalegre,

No need to reset Device Trust Members devices after software upgrade.

You right, if you are replace hardware equipment you have to do it (or change management ip)

Regards

Lidev
      Icon for MVP rankMVP

you're welcome!

If this answer was helpful, please don't forget to mark the answer as "Select as Best" in order to pass your post as resolved and help other people to find it.