Forum Discussion

MMarco_77
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Dec 15, 2022
Solved

Remove "managed by Big IQ" banner in the WebUI

Being that the BigIQ is no longer used , is it possible to remove the "Managed by Big-IQ" banner from a BigiP's WebuI?

• I agree, it would be interesting to understand if the way actually exists.. come on, I'll close the post, it was more out of curiosity than anything else

4 Replies

MMarco_77

Hi Paulius,

Thanks for the answer, no, I don't want to delete a BIG-IP device from the BIG-IQ, but I want to remove the entry, the indication that appears on the top left corner of the WebUI of a Big-IP device and which indicates that the device is managed by a BiG-IQ.
      Since the Big-IQ has been removed from the architecture, the banner remains on the appliance side (obviously if you click,the connection goes into timeout) and it's bad to have this info.

For example, you can remove the banner of an expired certificate by changing the global-settings gui-expired-cert-alert, I was looking for a way to do something similar but related to the BigIQ

M.

• MMarco_77I believe if you only do step 1 in the article that will accomplish what you want while still leaving the device in the BIG-IQ but not managed by the BIG-IQ. Other than that I do not believe you can remove that banner because it pertains to how the device is being managed rather than an alert of something expiring.

MMarco_77

I agree, it would be interesting to understand if the way actually exists.. come on, I'll close the post, it was more out of curiosity than anything else