Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy All Traffic

Rob_78395
Nimbostratus
Nimbostratus

Hi Folks,

I am using one virtual server to redirect traffic for a number of websites. Here is the iRule list I'm using:

when HTTP_REQUEST {

if { [set newpool [class match -value [HTTP::host] equals host-data-group ]] ne ""}

{ pool $newpool }

}

The pools are named the same as the website (www.example.com) so the one virtual server knows where to send the HTTP Request. - (thanks to What Lies Beneath for that!!)

My question is: How can I extend this functionality to all types of traffic and not just HTTP requests? ftp, ssh,etc?

Thanks!

Rob

4 REPLIES 4

Mohamed_Lrhazi
Altocumulus
Altocumulus
Is your question theoritical or practical?

What FTP services do you have, and what problems or needs do you have there that you think the F5 could help you with ?

Or SSH services?

Thanks,

Mohamed.

What_Lies_Bene1
Cirrostratus
Cirrostratus
Rob,

We don't have a nice variable like HTTP::host to inspect for non-HTTP traffic so this will be pretty difficult I'm afraid.You might be able to inspect the incoming payload for FTP and load balance that accordingly but I doubt it's possible with SSH.

Rob_78395
Nimbostratus
Nimbostratus
Thanks Steve! Too bad about the limitations. The only thing I can control is the DNS to proxy traffic to me and I was hoping I could use F5 to proxy more than just web.

Would the iRules be similar for HTTPS as they are for HTTP?

Thanks again - Rob

nitass
F5 Employee
F5 Employee
Would the iRules be similar for HTTPS as they are for HTTP?yes but clientssl profile is also required because bigip needs to decrypt ssl to see content e.g. http header.