Forum Discussion

mfsaez_127780
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Oct 23, 2003

Problem with get_all_virtual_server_statistics

I'm writing a little program taht retrieve statiscis information from the BigIp and stores it in a database in order to generate graphics of traffic and number of connections. I have no problem retrieving statistics of the pools and the node servers, but when I try to get the virtual server's statistics a SOAP Exception is throw. I don´t know what can be wrong. I have wrote a simple function that construct automatically the SOAP message, and all the functions I have tried with this method are working. The error is:

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=For input string: 
 "18446744069414584320"; targetException=java.lang.NumberFormatException:  
 For input string: "18446744069414584320"]

Thanks for the help:

Miguel

6 Replies

• Looks like the vip stats are returning 64 bit integers which are not being truncated to 32 bit for the java bindings. We are looking into better ways to handle 64 bit values for future enhancements. I'll have to look into a work-around for you. I'll post to this thread when a resolution comes and a target release for that resolution.

-Joe
    Gary_Chen_31612
    Historic F5 Account
    There is a BIG/ip hotfix patch for the get_all_virtual_server_statistics. Please contact F5 support to obtain the patch. As you create a Support case, please indicate that you need a hotfix to correct the iControl API on get_all_virtual_server_statistics.

F5 Technical Support

Email: support@f5.com

Phone: 206-272-6888

AskF5: http://tech.f5.com/
  • I only want to add one thing. When I retrieve the statistics for a certain Virtual Server, I mean, I retrieve the statistics for only one Virtual Server using the 'ITCMLocalLB.VirtualServer.get_statistics' and I haven't any problem. Thanks again for your help.
  • At last we installed yesterday the hotfix. This morning I tryied again to retrieve the statistics of the Virtual Servers using the ITCMLocalLB.VirtualServer.get_all_virtual_server_statistics function and the response the system gives me it's the same. I will try to investigate more to get more information from the error. If you have any idea, please contact me. Thanks.
  • If the hotfix didn't solve your problem, at this point I think you are best off going through F5 Technical support where you can get a case opened and linked to your problem.

F5 Technical Support

Email: support@f5.com

Phone: 206-272-6888

AskF5: http://tech.f5.com/

-Joe
  • i am also getting same type of error while testing a webservice in JMeter.My error looks like this

----------------------------------

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=For input string: "4118 ";

targetException=java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "4118 "]

-------------------------

Can somebody explain why it happens?

Any help will be appreciated.