Forum Discussion

sunshine_88899
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 18, 2009

Problem DNS IE8 web applications tunnels

hi,

i have upgrade a firepass failover to 6.0.3, i aslo patched it with the last hotfix 603.2.1 to resolv the problem of incompatibility with IE8 (final version 3/19/2009).

But, i have always the same problem with IE8 With Web applications tunnels, when we click to the favorite at the portal, we have access But when we click at any link over this favorite (tunnel), we have a dns problem.

After many tests, we can access it but only when we open 2 windows of the same link!!

At the first window, the site is knowen as Internet and dns error. At the second, it's knowen as Intranet!!?

any idea please??!!

2 Replies

• Hi There,

Hmm..weird problem. Though given IE8 is still so new i'd expect a few issues. Does it work okay with IE7?

One idea you may want to try is to install the DNS Relay Proxy Service from the FirePass on your machine. This is what i do, go to Device Management -> Client Downloads -> Windows (x86). Check in "Select all items" and click "Update". Next go to the "Download" tab and click "Download customized package". Download and install this.

This basically installs all the client side app's that FirePass normally delivers at runtime. The couple of exceptions to this are:

- The DNS Relay Proxy is never delivered at runtime by FirePass. You have to download and install it (as per these instructons)

- The FirePass Windows Client is the same (you have to install it manually)

Anyway, that aside, once it's installed you should see a service in your Windows Services (Control Panel) called the F5 DNS Relay Proxy Service. I would reboot your PC after installing it. When you're PC starts make sure this service is started and try your Web AppTunnel again. Hopefully that does the trick for you.

if it still fails I'd be on the phone with f5 support.

Cheers,

Mal