Forum Discussion

Tosin_Omojola
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Jul 10, 2014

Platform upgrade from 11.2.1 - 11.4.1 Error

Please I need some help here. I upgraded a strongbox from 11.2.1 - 11.4.1 in order to deploy the AAM module on it. After the upgrade, the system rebooted and came up with this error message: "The configuration has not yet loaded. If this message persists, it may indicate a configuration problem" The message prevented me from making any configuration because the needed files were not loaded. I rebooted the machine with the intent to revert to the former version (11.2.1).

After reboot, I found out that the system keeps initializing after I set the mgt IP for admin access. It continues to initialize and wiping off the mgt IP settings. Please, I would appreciate some help regarding this issues.

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies

• did you re-activate the license before you created the new boot volume? I have seen that cause the same error messages after booting into the new boot volume.

• Reasons for the configuration not loading upon upgrade can be many. You'd need to look in /var/log/ltm to get a better idea of what may be happening.

Once you boot into 11.4.1 and the box comes up, what message do you see when attempting to reload the config from tmsh (load /sys config)?

• do you have a console port serial port you can use access with the root id and fall back password? if you do and you can logon you can enter the command switchboot from bash (from tmsh enter run util bash) enter switchboot, hit enter and boot back into the old volume that has 11.2.1 from the switch boot menu select the correct boot volume and hit enter to tell it to use that volume on the next boot then issue a reboot then rebuild the 11.4.1 volume AFTER you reactivate the license and try again

• it should work?

if you logged in as root aaa1@(bd14f5P)(cfg-sync In Sync)(Active)(/Common)(tmos) run util bash [agx1@bd14f5CP:Active:In Sync] ~ switchboot

JG
    Icon for Cumulonimbus rankCumulonimbus

After you booted into v11.4.1 and could not load the config, what steps did you take to boot back into v11.2.1? Did you run "switchboot"?

• Thanks all for your suggestions and recommendations. Here is the solution that worked eventually: I initiated a reboot from the same limited console prompt I was in while monitoring the boot process. As the reboot progressed, I pressed (esc) for boot options and selected 11.3.0 which was preloaded on a different partition. After 11.3.0 loaded successfully, I performed the upgrade again to 11.4.1. Upgrade successful and everything now works fine. I should point out that I reactivated the license after each load to prevent what I can't explain. All is now set. Thank you

JG
    Icon for Cumulonimbus rankCumulonimbus

I thought you were upgrading from v11.2.1 directly to v11.4.1. Where did the v11.3.0 boot volume come from? Was it a previous aborted attempt?