Forum Discussion

aschi
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 24, 2017

persistence Profile -> redirect to another virtual server

Hello We have two virtual Servers listening on different IP's and with different Pools behind. One Server is with persistence Profile Cookie and source_addr as fallback. the other on without a persistence Profile.

Some Workstations but no all (not related to the loggend on user) connect to the virtual Server with the persistent Profile and are then automaticaly redirected to the other virtual Server.

If I remove the persistence Profile it works as expected. I have simple irules on both virtual servers in place for just choosing the correct pool regarding the http:host

I thought that persistence Profile just take affect on the same virtual host and do not Impact other virtual Hosts. It's also strange that this behavior doesn't occur on every PC.

Am I wrong? Any Hints are appreciated. Regards,roger

1 Reply

• I don't understand the specific traffic flow. You are talking about pools behind VS with persistence and then are talking about redirect from the VS with persistence to the VS without persistence. As a rule of thumb, I would recommend using OneConnect with /32 netmask when it comes to using cookie persistence.

If you are just using the VS with persistence to redirect traffic to VS without persistence, there is no need for persistence.