Forum Discussion

Jan 12, 2020

Oauth Scope item not pulling UserInfo parameters using openID while configured in Subroutine of per-request policy

Oauth Scope item not pulling UserInfo parameters using openID while configured in Subroutine of per-request policy. The Oauth Provider we added is Azure AD. We defined the Userinfo endpoint as well in it. The oAuth scope item is in place in a per-request policy which has the userinfo field set to use the request item for Userinfo that is pre-configured. I am not able to pull the user information through this configuration while the user information details are all pulled and set as variables when i use the same oAuth Scope item in a normal session policy instead of a per request policy. Why am i not seeing the user information in the session variables set after user authentication in this scenario ? Is there a workaround to somehow gather atleast the username from oAuth Client or oAuth scope while i use it in the per-request policy.

1 Reply

• Hello I am having an issue where I am not able to get any of the openID parameters to pull, so wonder if you figured out your issue?  

It seems like I would need to configure a scope for openID but there is just not much related to it from F5 that I can find.  

Thanks for your help!