Forum Discussion

Patti_G_72768
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Oct 29, 2013

Need to convert a Pandora rule to an iRule

Hi again, I need to convert a rule that is looking to block Pandora/Dirt Jumper attack in ASM. The rule is looking to block the Pandora GET flood attack. So it is looking for the GET method, HTTP/1.0 protocol, a missing Accept header, a user-agent keyword Mozilla and a randomized referer. This is what I came up with:

when HTTP_REQUEST { if {not ([HTTP::header exists Accept]) and ([HTTP::version] equals "1.0") and ([HTTP::header "method"] equals "GET") and ([string tolower [HTTP::header User-Agent]] contains "Mozilla*") and not ([HTTP::header Referer] equals "")} { log local0. "Pandora/Dirt Jumper type 0 1 2 attack." reject } } Would someone be able to take a look at what I tried to write and tell me where I'm going wrong please?

Thank you!

3 Replies

• Is this in lieu of ASM?

when HTTP_REQUEST {
        if { ( [HTTP::method] equals "GET" ) and ( [HTTP::version] equals "1.0" ) and not ( [HTTP::header exists Accept] ) and ( [HTTP::header User-Agent] contains "Mozilla" ) and ( [HTTP::header exists Referer] ) } {
            log local0. "Possible Pandora/Dirt Jumper type 0 1 2 attack."
            reject
        }
    }

The following also suggests a randomized Referer header:

http://www.prolexic.com/kcresources/prolexic-threat-advisories/Prolexic-Threat-Advisory-PANDORA_08.08.12/threat-advisory-pandora_i.html

• Hi Kevin, thank you very much again!

It is in lieu of ASM actually. Sorry for my mis-statement above. I wasn't able to find where in ASM that I could achieve the same thing.

Do you know if this type of attack is possible to stop in ASM?

Thanks again,

Patti

Kevin_Stewart
      Icon for Employee rankEmployee
      I don't see anything specific to Pandora/Dirt Jumper in the ASM signatures, but 1) I could be wrong, and 2) it might be listed under something more generic like HTTP Flood, etc.