Forum Discussion

PUTMANO_KEO
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Sep 22, 2020

Need Help for iRule To Block Specific URL

We have our website abc.com and we would like to block the specific like abc.com/123/ which access from Japan. I try to find some trick to write the iRule but it's not access. Anybody here can me on this? I tried something like the iRule below but it still no luck.

when HTTP_REQUEST {

if { [HTTP::header exists "X-Forwarded-For"] } {

set client_ip [HTTP::header value "X-Forwarded-For"]

set fromCountry [whereis $client_ip country]

if { ( [class match $fromCountry equals example_datagroup]) }{

log local0. "Attacker IP in XFF [HTTP::header X-Forwarded-For]" ;# This can be removed/commented out if not required

HTTP::respond 403 content "Blocked!" ;# This can also be changed to drop or reject based on the requirement

}

}

}

2 Replies

• Try below iRule. Hope it will work for you.. thanks

when HTTP_REQUEST {
       set fromCountry [whereis [IP::client_addr] country]
       if { ([class match $fromCountry equals example_datagroup]) && ([HTTP::uri]] starts_with "/abc") } {
         log local0. "Attacker IP in XFF [HTTP::header X-Forwarded-For]" ;# This can be removed/commented out if not required
          HTTP::respond 403 content "Blocked!" ;# This can also be changed to drop or reject based on the requirement
       }
    }
  • Are you trying to block access based on a URL, such as abc.com/123/, or are you trying to block access based on the client's geolocation, as determined by the IP address provided in the HTTP X-Forwarded-For header?