Forum Discussion

Emmett_116863
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 02, 2014

Multiple "views" with DNS Express?

I need to create an internal and external view of our domain, and would like to utilize DNS Express...but I don't seem to be able to find any documentation on how I can do multiple views. Is it possible? If not, then I am right back to having to do it with BIND on the GTMs and I cannot seem to find anyone who knows how to do multiple views for one domain on a GTM and only one view for another.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Emmett

5 Replies

• did you find a solution? I have this implemented and I could share some pointers if you like... let me know. DNS Express does not support views, last I checked.
  • No...I haven't gotten any response. I have tried asking several different ways, but the community here doesn't seem to have an answer. My preferred method would be keep all my DNS tables on the F5 and not use DNS express, however my problem is that I have multiple domains on the GTM and I don't want to have to maintain multiple tables for zones which the internal view and external view would be exactly the same. I am sure that there is a way to apply different ACL's to different zones, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Or, have two different views use the same zone file...that would work too. Any help would be greatly appreciated! -Emmett
    Marfex
    Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Im trying to fing a solution for this as well. ZoneRunner seems to have a View setting section for this, DNS Express doesnt.

In consequence, if I have 5 zones configured on BIG-IP DNS, every time a client hits a listener asking for records on any of those zone, the F5 will reply back ...