Forum Discussion

Kirit_Patel_521
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Nov 12, 2014

Inbound ftp stopped working after upgraded LTM to 11.4.1 code from 9.4.8 code .

Folks

I am in a situation where inbound ftp is not working for clients after upgrading from 9.4.8 to 11.4.1 We are using standard ftp profile. Clients when they are try to get multiple files they get the following message

Unable to build data connections . Address already in use. Has anybody encountered this and recommend a solution. I have been with f5 for 3 days and no solution. We tried everything from snat pool to disabling CMP . Enabling CMP back.

6 Replies

Kirit_Patel_521
      We tried preserve restrict and Change also . My question if it works in 9.4.8 it should work in 11.4.1? no?
      shaggy
      heh, that's a huge difference in code level - two major revisions, plus v9 was f5's first non-v4 release. can you list your vs, ftp profile, and tcp profile configs? is this active or passive ftp? Are you using default ftp ports on the server-side (20/21)?
      Kirit_Patel_521
      We tried preserve restrict and Change also . My question if it works in 9.4.8 it should work in 11.4.1? no?
      shaggy_121467
      Icon for Cumulonimbus rankCumulonimbus
      heh, that's a huge difference in code level - two major revisions, plus v9 was f5's first non-v4 release. can you list your vs, ftp profile, and tcp profile configs? is this active or passive ftp? Are you using default ftp ports on the server-side (20/21)?