Forum Discussion

Hamza
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Dec 12, 2022

Import and export an address list

Hello

I have AFM Big-ip uses an address list that is in the shred objects and I want to create address list entries in a text editor on my local machine and import them as a CSV file into BIG-IP to save time from doing a manual entry.
Note :  i don't have Big-IQ.

Thank you in advance.

7 Replies

• Hi Hamza ,

You can try using CLI, it will significantly reduce the time as compare to enter list thorugh GUI

Creating or modifying the address of a Network Firewall address list

1. Log in to the Traffic Management Shell (tmsh) by typing the following command:

tmsh
    2. To create a new Network Firewall address list and add an IP address with a netmask, use the following command syntax:

create /security firewall address-list <new-address-list-name> addresses add { <network ip address>/<netmask> }

For example, to create the Network Firewall address list XYZ and add the IP address range 192.168.0/24, type the following command:

create /security firewall address-list XYZ addresses add { 192.168.0.0/24 }

To add an IP address with a netmask to an existing Network Firewall address list, use the following command syntax:

modify /security firewall address-list <existing-address-list-name> addresses add { <network ip address>/<netmask> }

For example, to modify an existing Network Firewall address list XYZ and add the IP address range of 10.10/16, type the following command:

modify /security firewall address-list XYZ addresses add { 10.10.0.0/16 }

3. Save the change by typing the following command:

save /sys config

There is another way we do using 

load sys config from-terminal merge if you have all the lines that you need from your list command, let me knowif you really intereted to use this versatile comand i use to build the configuration at large scale.

v14

https://clouddocs.f5.com/cli/tmsh-reference/v14/modules/security/security_firewall_address-list.html

v15
    https://clouddocs.f5.com/cli/tmsh-reference/v15/modules/security/security_firewall_rule-list.html

HTH