bigpipe base save
It would appear that
with the right flag will save either, but on the command line version the filename is different. Can I ommit the filename to use the default?
If I don't specify a fully qualified path, will it go in /config?
Thus, a filename input is required. As for the save mode, SAVE_COMMON should be equating to
bigpipe base save and bigpipe save will create the /config/bigip.conf and /config/bigip_base.conf files. bigpipe config save will create the ucs files.
From your answers it's not clear what the iControl equivalents are.
Note: The method input for filename does not need to include the /usr/local/ucs.
For an example, you would call the method this way,
save_configuration("myConfig.ucs", 0) where filename: myConfig.ucs 0: the save mode.
Please note that b base save and b save all save the configuration into bigip_base.conf and bigip.conf in /config on BIGIP.
ITCMSystem.ConfigSync:save_configuration archives the configuration into a specified filename located in /usr/local/ucs on BIG-IP.
What is the equivalent of 'bigpipe save' in iControl? I.e. how do I code the exact equivalent?
What is the equivalent of 'bigpipe base save' in iControl? I.e. how do I code the exact equivalent?
I probably got everything confused by mentioning save_confiuration...
You don't need to call the load_configuration method in iControl after the save_configuration is called. I think I know what you're confused about my previous answer now. A clear answer would be that the iControl save_configuration not only automatically saves the configuration to bigip.conf and bigip_base.conf in /config on BIG-IP, but it also creates a ucs file in /usr/local/ucs on BIG-IP.
1. ITCMSystem.ConfigSync:save_configuration is the equivalence of b config save filename
2. The save mode of the method plays a key role in determinging what configuration in BIG-IP memory will be archived. save_common archives the configuration that is equivalent to the execution of b base save. save_full archives the configuration that is equivalent to the execution of b save.
3. There is no ucs file created on BIG-IP when you execute b base saveor b save. For details, please refer to the BIG-IP references on the command difference for b base save, b save and b config save filename
However, I would recommend that you try the following steps in iControl to achieve the update of bigip_base.conf and bigip.conf via the aforementioned CLI commands,
1. Invoke ITCMSystem.ConfigSync:save_configuration() with a specified filename and save_mode.
2. Invoke ITCMSystem.ConfigSync:load_configuration() with the filename specified.