Forum Discussion

Vshah
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jun 02, 2023

How to extract applications historical data from F5 LTM

Hi All,

I am looking for historical connections utilization data of applications hosted on F5 LTM. Is there any way to check the same? 

3 Replies

• Hi Vshah , 
    If yiu have AVR module licensed on your box , you can collect everything related to specific virtual servers/ Applications. 

you will be having great visability on application urls , transactions , ips , Geolocations , which heavy urls that have and ...etc. 

Let me know if you have this module , I can guide you to use it properly. 
    If you need to know about it and how to provision it in your box  , have a look at the below Article : 
    https://clouddocs.f5.com/training/community/analytics/html/class1/modules/task1.html

Vshah
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Hi Mohamed_Ahmed_Kansoh,

Thanks for your response. Yes I am using AVR module.

Kindly guide me how can I get the data from that.

• Hi Vshah
        you are welcome, 

AVR is a very useful module to collect huge amount of metrics and application statistics : 
        First I will tell you the needed steps and will attach an article will help you in details : 

1- create a custom analytic profile , Local traffic >> profiles >> Analystics >> HTTP Analytics >> and
        hit create.

2- Select in the profile all needed metrics that you want to collect and select the virtual server that you need to collect these metrics for. 
        Note : you can add multiple virtual servers as you can , but please monitor your CPU and memory because AVR consumes little bit CPU , if you have a free in CPU and memory it would be great.

3-  Hit Finish and wait almost 10 minutes , for changes to take effect and the bigip recieve a sufficient traffic. 

4- After that let's say 1 hour for example :
        Go to Statistics TAB >> Analytics >> HTTP >> Overview. 
        you will see the magic 😄 
        you can navegate all statistics also play with time slots and you can export a pdf report to review everything offline and extra ... 

Please Review this article for more details : 
        https://clouddocs.f5.com/training/community/analytics/html/class1/modules/task2.html

I hope this helps you 🙂