Forum Discussion

TiborP
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Oct 08, 2021
Solved

How to exclude URL from DoS protection?

I have DoS Protection profile configured and applied to virtual server. I want to protect application where one URL is used to something like "check" and this URL is called from client every second. So I have 90+% of statistics about this URL. Main problem is, that I cannot set DoS thresholds (like max. TPS per client IP) because If I do, this fire alarm because this URL.

Is there some possibility to exclude one (or couple) URL from DoS Protection? I want to do DoS protection on all the web pages but this URL.

• You can do this with two options:

1- using a LTM policy with two rules, one default that enable l7dos, and one specific to your URL that disables l7dos.

2- using an iRule with DOSL7::enable and DOSL7::disable commands.

But one thing to be checked/tested is if the disable/enable actions apply only to the current transaction or to the whole TCP connection.

2 Replies

• You can do this with two options:

1- using a LTM policy with two rules, one default that enable l7dos, and one specific to your URL that disables l7dos.

2- using an iRule with DOSL7::enable and DOSL7::disable commands.

But one thing to be checked/tested is if the disable/enable actions apply only to the current transaction or to the whole TCP connection.

TiborP
      Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus

Thank you Abdessamad,

I have used LTM policy and this works fine. In statistics I have possibility to choose traffic with DoS policy applied (which is traffic without this excluded URL). I can set up thresholds in DoS policy configuration at low levels which is for traffic without excluded URL and this works too. I get alarms (events) for this new setup.