Forum Discussion

Cpet
Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus
Feb 22, 2023
Solved

How to disable only TLS v1 & TLS v1.1 on specific virtual server

Hi all,

Could you help me how to disable only TLS v1 & TLS v1.1 on specific virtual server and no to entire ssl profile.

Thank you in advance,

• try this irule:

when CLIENT_ACCEPTED {
    SSL::profile vip_ssl_no_TLSv1
    }

where vip_ssl_no_TLSv1 is another SSL profile  where you disable whatever you want.

I tested with this cipher string : DEFAULT:!TLSv1:!TLSv1_1

8 Replies

• Usually, you have an SSL client profile per virtual server, right? I don't see why you want to do it in an irule.

You can try to reject the connection if it has a TLS version, but I don't know if you can change the TLS version:

when CLIENTSSL_CLIENTHELLO {
    if {([SSL::cipher version] equals "TLSv1.1") || ([SSL::cipher version] equals "TLSv1")} {
    log local0. "DETECTED-TLSv1-CONNECTION - LOG_SSL_LEVEL - REJECT Client: [IP::client_addr] [SSL::cipher version] - [SSL::cipher name] - [SSL::cipher bits] - For the VIP - [virtual name]"
    reject }
    else
    {
    log local0. "DETECTED-TLSv1-CONNECTION - LOG_SSL_LEVEL - ACCEPT Client: [IP::client_addr] [SSL::cipher version] - [SSL::cipher name] - [SSL::cipher bits] - For the VIP - [virtual name]"
    }

}

Cpet

In that case i have many VS with the same SSL profile and I wanted to know if it was possible to do it with an irule.
      I will try the suggested irule.

Thanks

Cpet

Hi Mihaic,

Thanks for your responce.
      I have allready read the suggested article but i want to disable TLS v1 & TLS v1.1 only on a specific virtual server without disable TLS v1 & TLS v1.1 in the SSL profile.Is it possible with an irule for example?

• Create a new SSL-Profile and use your current one as parent. Then deactivate tls1/1.1 and put this on the virtual server. 

• try this irule:

when CLIENT_ACCEPTED {
    SSL::profile vip_ssl_no_TLSv1
    }

where vip_ssl_no_TLSv1 is another SSL profile  where you disable whatever you want.

I tested with this cipher string : DEFAULT:!TLSv1:!TLSv1_1

Cpet

It works!
      Thank you for your support.