Forum Discussion

Alvin_Ng
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Feb 13, 2023

How to configure the AOM for rSeries hardware appliance

Hello,

As I encountered something when I want to shutdown the rSeries hardware appliance with F5OS 1.3.1 by CLI "halt". The process as smooth and shown "The system was halted". But I tried to Power on the appliance via front panel touch screen NO any respond.

Therefore, I would like to configure the AOM for remote control the rSeries Power On/Off the appliance.

But I just can apply the AOM networking settings, no any command for configure the AOM user such as CLI "aom_setup_user".

May you experienced this behavior or there have solution?

If so, don't mind share to us. Thank you very much.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Alvin Ng

9 Replies

Alvin_Ng
      Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus

Hi TMD,

Thanks for your sharing.

Let me try it in my rSeries appliance. If it is fine, I will use this method rather than configure AOM.

SInce my concern as no any respond to power on the appliance from touch screen before, and require to unplug and re-plug the power pord action. That make me create the post to discuss how configure the AOM on rSeries.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Alvin Ng

• With the F5OS the AOM is also called now LOP (Lights Out Processor)  , so search for info about it.

jdshewey
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Pretty sure you have that backward - LOP is now called AOM - starting circa version 11 and the iSeries units (after the buffalo jumps). Mine (an rSeries unit) has "AOM" on the front LCD panel for the info/config.