Forum Discussion

One
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Aug 18, 2022

How to configure and create a DNS and SMTP Server and configure it on the BIG-IP

I want to configure my Bigip to send email, and found out that it needed an DNS server and SMTP server to possibly configure it.

But i don't have a DNS server and SMTP server since may BIGIP is only running on may VMware Workstation Pro.

Were should i can create an DNS server and SMTP server, and configure it to my BIGIP and make make it reachable.

Hoping someone could help me regarding it since i'm having a hardtime on how to create one and configure.

2 Replies

• Hi!
    So, in this case you only need DNS for the f5 to resolve the name to your e-mail server.
    So where ever your going to send the mail out to. So your router which you use at home would work nicely.
    I can't remember if workstation can act as a DNS server in its own right when using nat.....
    Worst case, you point it at goggle, (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.) but then the f5 wont be able to resolve interally if that is a problem.

So the other question is what is the SMNP server you are going to use?

One
      Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus

Hi,

Regarding SNMP server. Can i use a windows server 2019 and configure an SNMP Server from there? That window server 2019 is also running on may vmwarE workstation pro