Forum Discussion

san2hosh_306591
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jun 18, 2018

How Can I pull the backup file from a GTM that went down.

Hello Folks,

I'm working on a GTM failure. we are going to replace the GTM. Since our old one is no more working. But we never pulled the bacjup's from that. but we use to store locally. Is there any way that I can get the configuration of that dead Device.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

5 Replies

• Does the device power on at all? Do you see any activity when connected to the console port? Depending on the hardware, you may be able to remove the drive and mount it to a system running Linux. You could then copy the backup files from /var/local/ucs and/or /var/local/scf.

• What do you mean "but we use to store locally"? What parts of your old GTM do you have available to you? Was it a virtual appliance?

• We are running our GTM on BIG-IP 1600. It's showing the AOM command menu when I console to that. And we use to have a cronjob to store the UCS file in our var/tmp directory.

• The UCS file is a tarball. You can extract it and pull your configurations from within:

$ tar -zxf my-device.ucs
    $ ls config/

Your

bigip.conf
    and
    bigip_gtm.conf
    files will be in the
    config
    directory in the directory where you extract it (depending on your use of partitions, of course).

• If you have able to get into the AOM, you should be able to connect to the Host subsytem. BTW how many devices are in the Sync Group ?