Forum Discussion

Jean-Christoph4
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Sep 25, 2019

Horizon Client with F5 and VMware Connection Server

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to figure out how I can implemented Horizon Client to connect to F5 which will then load balance connections to the pool of Connection Servers without having user to fill in their username / password ("Login as current user" enabled in Horizon Client).

Right now, if I connect my Horizon Client directly to one of the VMware Connection Server, I don't have to fill in the login / password form.

If, I configuration Horizon Client to connect to VIP on the F5 and I configure an APM (I went through de F5 template), then I have a popup window to enter my username / password.

I'm looking for an APM that will "transparently" authenticate the user before accessing the Connection Server.

How can I manage this ?

Thanks for your support,

Jean-Christophe

2 Replies

• Hello, how does the the Horizon Client do this natively? APM does support NTLM Auth and Kerberos Auth which would probably work for the browser, but I am not sure they would work with the Horizon Client.

dn007
    Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Hi,

Did you ever get this working? We are also facing this issue and it will really help if you can share your solution/workaround for this. Thank you.