Forum Discussion

MaxMedov
Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus
Feb 02, 2023
Solved

Help with iRule to cut session without activity

Hi,
I need to disable a pool member by Rest API.
I would appreciate for help with an iRule to do this:
The situation - I still have clients who have current active sessions with this pool member (in this case, it's another VIP in the POOL)
I need to check some parameters in this session, like the header get/post or something else, to keep this session alive until the requests are finished. If there is no activity on the open session for X time (or any other suggestions?), I want to drop this session.
In this situation, this client will route to the next pool member when performing a new session.
Thank you!

BTW if you have another elegant solution for that, I would be happy to hear 🙂

• MaxMedov If the connection is truely idle the TCP profile associated to your virtual server should close these connections within 5 minutes by default and can be adjusted lower or higher depending on your needs. It is always recommended to create a new TCP profile with your changes and configure the default TCP profile as the Parent Profile. This is the cleanest and easiests way to close idle connections on a virtual server.

2 Replies

• MaxMedov If the connection is truely idle the TCP profile associated to your virtual server should close these connections within 5 minutes by default and can be adjusted lower or higher depending on your needs. It is always recommended to create a new TCP profile with your changes and configure the default TCP profile as the Parent Profile. This is the cleanest and easiests way to close idle connections on a virtual server.