Forum Discussion

sunshine_88899
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 18, 2009

help firepass DNS problem on web applications tunnels

hi,

i have upgrade a firepass failover to 6.0.3, i aslo patched it with the last hotfix 603.2.1 to resolv the problem of incompatibility with IE8 (final version 3/19/2009).

But, i have always the same problem with IE8 With Web applications tunnels, when we click to the favorite at the portal, we have access But when we click at any link over this favorite (tunnel), we have a dns problem.

After many tests, we can access it but only when we open 2 windows of the same link!!

At the first window, the site is knowen as Internet and dns error. At the second, it's knowen as Intranet!!?

any idea please??!!

1 Reply

• Ok, two ways of doing things. The web applications need to be added in the host table list on the network configuration (limit of 35 because F5 is well...) or use Internal DNS.

There is a bug that has been plaguing Firepass for a while. If you are using Vista or Win 7 the protected mode stuff breaks a lot of Firepass compatibility. Basically the app tunnel wants to use the local clients DNS instead of going through the FP, this ends up in a 404 or in some cases mini-dns poisoning.

If you are using XP try uninstalling SP3, this has resolved issues for us.