Forum Discussion

Giorgio_Serafin
Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus
Feb 24, 2023
Solved

ha group

Greetings,

I wanted to know if you still use HA groups to implement HA. I tried to configure one but I can't find the following path: Main tab > System > High Availability > HA Groups. I saw that the documentation that talks about it is dated up to 2017 and for this reason I have doubts.
I currently work with BIG-IP LTM 16.0.1.1

thank you all

• This is completely dependent on what you are attempting to do. I noticed later on this post you said you wanted to know more about them and the following article is pretty good and it has links to other articles as well at the very top.

https://community.f5.com/t5/technical-articles/configure-ha-groups-on-big-ip/ta-p/282723

In regards to not being able to find the path, I believe you have to have at least 2 devices configure in an HA pair for this menu to become available but I could be wrong on that one. I remember when setting up my recent HA pair running v17 code that some configuration aspects were not available until I successfully put two devices in an HA pair.

3 Replies

• This is completely dependent on what you are attempting to do. I noticed later on this post you said you wanted to know more about them and the following article is pretty good and it has links to other articles as well at the very top.

https://community.f5.com/t5/technical-articles/configure-ha-groups-on-big-ip/ta-p/282723

In regards to not being able to find the path, I believe you have to have at least 2 devices configure in an HA pair for this menu to become available but I could be wrong on that one. I remember when setting up my recent HA pair running v17 code that some configuration aspects were not available until I successfully put two devices in an HA pair.

• Hi,

What are you trying to do? I think you might be looking for device groups and to setup a cluster rather than a HA group.

Its all under the devices tab.
    setup a new device group, find the other f5 big-ip and make sure you setup the sync and mirror paths for replication as well as the health check stuff. 

Then make sure your sync groups are up to date.

I'm sure there is some kb's we can find for you.

Giorgio_Serafin
      Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus

thanks for the reply, I already use the device groups and I am very happy with it. I was asking about HA groups because I found some documentation and wanted to know more.