Forum Discussion

Raja_Tomar_7476
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jul 28, 2005

get_all_virtual_address_states not available for SOAP calls

Hi,

Interface ITCMLocalLB.VirtualServer.get_all_virtual_address_states is given in help with iControl 4 SDK for C, but it is not available for SOAP calls, even it do not present in WSDL. so can some one tell me what can be the reason.

Apart from that can i get data equvalent to o/p of "bigpipe virtual show" through webservice call or by any other http call.

Thanks,

Raja

4 Replies

• Hi Joe,

I am using v 4.5, so this problem might be because of it.

About the calls you mentioned are fine, and I am aware of them but my requirement is to get this all information in single W/S call, because if I use this approach and get information in loop, the code become very slow.

Actually I want to List all vips, pools, members (nodes) under pools and state of members. Then after I want to set the state of members (ENABLE or DISABLE any member). All this I want with minimal number of webservice calls. So can you please help me in this stuff?
  • Hi Joe,

I am facing one more problem which forget to mention before.

For enabling or disabling any node I tried to use following -

ITCMLocalLBNode.set_node_address_states
    ITCMLocalLBNode.set_node_address_availability
    ITCMLocalLBNode.set_state

But none of them is working. Can you please tell me the reason and suggest some other way to do same.
  • Unfortunately, in v4.5 there is no way to get everything in a single request. We built our API to be very granular so that it provides the most flexibility to the application developer. This does provide a problem with very large configurations. For this, starting in v4.6, we began introducing "bulk" methods that allowed you to request multiple objects within a single method call. This still doesn't solve the "all in one call" problem but it does help out with many of the same type of object.

The methods I've provided are what you'll need to use on 4.5. If you can upgrade to 4.6 then there may be ways to opmtimize pieces of your code.

If upgrading isn't an option, and you find your application is much too slow, you can always go the CORBA route. The performance will be much greater but you will lose upgradability in v9.0 because we stopped supporting CORBA in that release. But, I don't know of a single customer who has gone that route (thus the decision to remove it from the product).

-Joe
  • I have no clue why those methods should not be working. If you set the node address state to down, are you saying that the GUI is still showing it as up? If so, then this is probably a case for a call to Product Technical Support.

-Joe