Forum Discussion

John_04_141801
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 08, 2015

Floating IP stops responding at times.

Hi guys:

Look, I have two Big IP Link Controller high dispoinibilidad (AS) and they are conecatados two Internet links and also has two floating IPs, one for each provider.

Now, the problem is that the floating IP for one of the links (Provider 2) stops responding (ICMP, access port GUI) and therefore fails to resolve DNS queries for Wide-IP. This is causing stops responding when the IP's lost Web services connectivity.

Now, the IP addresses assigned to the interfaces of each F5 respond correctly. The only flaw is that the floating IP.

Example:

• SelfIP F51 = 192.168.1.2

• FloatIP F5 = 192.168.1.1 ---- FloatIP randomly fails.

• SelfIP F52 = 192.168.1.3

Guys, could support me in giving me some lights:

• Because you Might Be presnetando this problem?
  • Where I can locate an log of these events?

Attentive to your comments.

John.

3 Replies

• Disclaimer, I do not have any experience with the link controller.

Sounds like there could be an address conflict with ie. a firewall? Can you ping the device from a server in the same network when it happens and check the arp table? Is is the right MAC address?

/Patrik

• I think that IP addr conflicts are logged in /var/log/ltm. Look there for anything. Also, make sure any static arps are looked at too.

Cheers, Mike

• Hi There! I have the same issue as John has, but with BIG-IP LTM, I mean I can not ping floating IP sometimes on the same network. I checked ltm log files and I didn`t find ip conflict, also HA is working normally(Active-Standby) Does anyone know why this is happening?