Forum Discussion

Reddy1
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Sep 13, 2019

F5 to use StoreFront-based access protocol instead PNAgent for publishing applications from Citrix XML Broker or DDC server.

We have the F5 APM configured to replace the store-front servers for the citrix application. The app's are getting published on the webtop, however ica file is failing to download ( HTTP 500 error). From the F5 VDI logs , we have noticed the F5 is using the PNAgent instead the storefront-based access protocol. The citrix version is 7.15 and the legacy (PNagent) is not support. The F5 documentation recommends to use the iapp v2.4.6 , where in there is an option to pick PNagent or Storefront based access.

When we use the iapp it doesnt show the option to pick PNagent or store front based. Is there any manual method to configure the F5 APM to use the store front based access instead PNAgent?

Thanks,

Sheshank

3 Replies

• Hello Shehank, are you sure that is missing? I loaded the v.2.4.6 Citrix iApp on my APM and this should be the 3rd question in the BIG-IP Access Policy Manager section, "Select the type of Citrix Access Method you want to use."

That said to manually change this setting go into Connectivity / VPN>VDI / RDP > VDI Profiles. Select the Citrix VDI Profile and click Edit. Go into the Citrix Settings and check "Enable StoreFront Functionality on APM" option.

• Thanks for your help on this. I couldnt find on my F5 , looks like its the version limitation. The APM we are running the citrix is on version 12.1.1. I have checked in version 13 , the setting you are referring to is available on that.

Dave_W
      Icon for Employee rankEmployee

Hello Reddy, Yes, I don't see that option with the iApp in version 12.x or the option in the VDI profile. That makes me think it was not supported in that version so I think it would be best to go to version 13.x is you need this option.