Forum Discussion

Mar 15, 2023
Solved

F5 GTM link list question

Hello Teams,

I am a little bit confused about DNS -> GSLB -> Links -> Link List

I have reference to this KB (https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K6785) but still not very clear.

1. What is the purpose of this configure?

In KB, it said used to distinguish internal traffic and internet traffic. Is it a must to configure this? 

And this is used to gather metrics from internet router?

2. In Router Address List, what IP should I used? The internet side self IP or gateway?

• No, not required.

1. From the manual: "A link is a logical representation of a physical device (router) that connects your network to the Internet. BIG-IP Global Traffic Manager (GTM) tracks the performance of links, which influence the availability of pools, data centers, wide IPs, and distributed applications."
    2. The IP should be the local IP from your router on the connection to your ISP. So for example, if your ISP connection is a /31 and the remote ISP router IP is 10.0.0.0/31 and your local router IP in that ISP subnet is 10.0.0.1/31, then the address you'd use is 10.0.0.1.

1 Reply

• No, not required.

1. From the manual: "A link is a logical representation of a physical device (router) that connects your network to the Internet. BIG-IP Global Traffic Manager (GTM) tracks the performance of links, which influence the availability of pools, data centers, wide IPs, and distributed applications."
    2. The IP should be the local IP from your router on the connection to your ISP. So for example, if your ISP connection is a /31 and the remote ISP router IP is 10.0.0.0/31 and your local router IP in that ISP subnet is 10.0.0.1/31, then the address you'd use is 10.0.0.1.