cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Login & Join the DevCentral Connects Group to watch the Recorded LiveStream (May 12) on Basic iControl Security - show notes included.

F5 APM RDP Web session access

JhonSmith
Nimbostratus
Nimbostratus

Hello,

hope you doing great.

Last week i faced an issue accessing RDP WEB ACCESS session here's the log shown, knowing that the host rdp with native/java/active rdp worked, except for web access,

0691T000005oc6vQAA.jpg

My Policy :

0691T000005oc6wQAA.jpg

Lab :

0691T000005oc70QAA.jpg

RDP Profile :

0691T000005oc75QAA.jpg

Thank you.

Regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ok, stay away from Remote Desktop Web Access it is meant just for RemoteApps, not as a sort of RDP in a browser setup or such.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Leonardo_Souza
Cirrocumulus
Cirrocumulus

Did this work before?

Was just one time fail or still failing?

Is this a lab setup, like a proof of concept (PoC)?

boneyard
MVP
MVP

are you very sure you are looking to use Remote Desktop Web Access?

are you really using Microsoft RemoteApps?

JhonSmith
Nimbostratus
Nimbostratus

Thank your for the reply,

No never worked, only Hosted Access using (Native, Java, ActiveX) worked,

for the second question yes it's a lab, before implementing BIG-IP on client environment,

Yes, i want when a user from AD authenticate on a webtop, can use an RDP based on a web page.

About Microsoft RemoteApps no i didn't, just i associate the RDP and VDI with the VS used for Webtop Portal.

Thanks.

ok, stay away from Remote Desktop Web Access it is meant just for RemoteApps, not as a sort of RDP in a browser setup or such.

Thank you for your reply,

So the only way to achieve the RDP with a webpage is with Java or activeX right ?

yeah and both of those are getting more difficult to use because of browser support. i would try to use regular RDP client. if you need a html based on then check on native support with Microsoft or some other third party tool.