Forum Discussion

Muhannad
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Feb 15, 2021
Solved

DOS events assigned to logging profiles (Local and Remote profiles).

Dear Experts,

I am trying to apply two Remote Logging Profiles to one server, one is stored locally, and the other one is stored remote. The current vision of BIG IP 13.1.

When i am logging only the ASM events, it is working fine but when i am trying to add the DOS events to my logging profiles, it is giving me an error:

10715e2:3: Security log profiles (profile 1 and profile 2) cannot be associated simultaneously with a virtual server (server A), since they have same or mutually exclusive parts enabled.

The DOS remote logging has been configured via HSL as per the below document:

https://techdocs.f5.com/en-us/bigip-15-0-0/external-monitoring-of-big-ip-systems-implementations/configuring-remote-high-speed-logging-of-dos-protection-events.html

Regards,

Muhannad

• Hello Muhannad,

Yes, 2 logging profiles with DOS configuration can not be associated with the same virtual server.

If you need multiple destinations for DOS logging, then you can select them in Log Publisher configuration.

Thanks, Ivan

3 Replies

• Hello Muhannad,

Yes, 2 logging profiles with DOS configuration can not be associated with the same virtual server.

If you need multiple destinations for DOS logging, then you can select them in Log Publisher configuration.

Thanks, Ivan