Forum Discussion

youssef1
Icon for Cumulonimbus rankCumulonimbus
Jun 06, 2023

Do split dns with VPN (edge client)

Hello everyone.

I would like to know if it was possible to do split dns using the VPN (edge client) on windows.

Basically, I would like for certain domains to be resolved on public DNS (anycast). for Teams, Zoom, ... in short, any traffic that requires access to the nearest resource. And for the rest with the internal dns through the VPN.

I give you a simple example:

interrnalapp.domain.com --> internal DNS

*.microsoftonline.pictet.com --> Public DNS

it's a pity that you can't use the "DNS Resolver" in the Network Access configuration. It would have simplified things.

currently I do not see how to meet this need knowing that it will become an imperative with the use of collaboration tools (teams, zoom, ...) which are more and more answered.

typically I go on a trip (far from my office), I do not want to resolve with the local DNS of my office which risks sending me to a resource close to my office and not close to the country where I am...

Thank you for your help.

2 Replies

• youssef1 - If your post was solved it would be helpful to the community to select *Accept As Solution*.
    This helps future readers find answers more quickly and confirms the efforts of those who helped.
    Thanks for being part of our community.
    Lief