Forum Discussion

Sushant
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Jun 15, 2021
Solved

Device ID - Bot/Dos Profile

Will F5 generate any device id to the client if it is still in transparent mode ? Will my Device ID work in DOS profile if my Bot profile is still in transparent mode ? As for device id to work in context of DOS profile it must be configured under Bot profile as said so.

• Hi Sushant,

it will be generated in Transparent mode, but you have to enable "Verification and Device-ID Challenges in Transparent Mode".

KR

Daniel

8 Replies

• Hi Sushant,

it will be generated in Transparent mode, but you have to enable "Verification and Device-ID Challenges in Transparent Mode".

KR

Daniel

Sushant
      Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus

Hi Daniel,

That is what I was wondering about . Thank you AlexBCT and Daniel.. One more thing is there any possible way of verifying device id that is being allocated to the client ? any kind of log or anything ?

• In Security ›› Event Logs : Application : Requests you will find information like Source IP, Device ID, Geolocation. You can forward that to some sort of SIEM and build a nice dashboard or view.

That's what you're trying to achieve?

• Hi Sushant,

Yes, this should still be generated. The main difference between Transparent mode and Blocking mode is that it won't take any action, but the process of getting and logging information stays the same.

Hope this helps.