Forum Discussion

ushan
Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus
Aug 16, 2022

Determine the base image

Hi,

Currently I am running 16.1.3.1-0.0.11 version. I have a hot fix image Hotfix-BIGIP-16.1.3.1.0.14.11-ENG which is provided Engineerng hotfix. 

To install the hotfix I need to have the base image for it. So what will be my base image for that hot fix image mentioned above. Is it 13.1.3.1 or 13.1.3?

2 Replies

• Download the F5 bigip base image and hotfix from F5. Base image has to be imported before you can install the hotfix. You will not be able to install the hotfix without importing the base F5 bigip image.

Can use command line to create a new partition known as HD1.2 and install the hotfix in this partition.

root@(bigip1)(cfg-sync Standalone)(Active)(/Common)(tmos)# install sys software hotfix Hotfix-BIGIP-12.0.0.2.0.644-HF2.iso create-volume volume HD1.2

This command above is the same as this gui. In command line show the installation progress

root@(bigip1)(cfg-sync Standalone)(Active)(/Common)(tmos)# show sys software

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sys::Software Status Volume Product Version Build Active Status

---------------------------------------------------------------

HD1.1 BIG-IP 12.0.0 0.0.606 yes complete

HD1.2 BIG-IP 12.0.0 0.0.606 no installing 6.000 pct

root@(bigip1)(cfg-sync Standalone)(Active)(/Common)(tmos)#

Once activate button is clicked, bigip will reboot itself. If install configuration is selected, the new boot location version must be equal or greater than the version in the source boot location.

In command line need to do two step:

root@(bigip1)(cfg-sync Standalone)(Active)(/Common)(tmos)# quit

[root@bigip1:Active:Standalone] config # switchboot -b HD1.2

info: default boot location changed to HD1.2.

The copy the configuration from one partition to the new partition

[root@bigip1:Active:Standalone] config # cpcfg --source=HD1.1 HD1.2

info: Getting configuration from HD1.1

info: Copying configuration to HD1.2

info: Applying configuration to HD1.2

After this you need to reboot the bigip.

• If this was provided by F5 support, I believe it would be for version you're currently running so 16.1.3.1. As soon as you import .iso image on F5 (and prior to installing it on the disk) you should be able to see "base version" parsed in the webUI anyways.