Forum Discussion

smiley_dba_1116
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 02, 2016

customize APM login page with forgot password link

All,

Trying to figure out how to add a line in the standard APM login screen so that below the login fields, there is a forgot password link. I figured I would go to Customization-Access Policy--Common, but dont know where to look after that or where to added the

10 Replies

• You can add it in the customization section.

Access Policy
    >>
    Customization
    >>
    Advanced
    >> Change Edit Mode to Advanced.

Then you can edit the logon page found down the line from Access Policies >> [Profile Name] >> Access Policy >> Logon Pages >> Logon Page (logon page name) >> login.inc.

There's an example in the APM Customization document (it talks about adding an image, but could be used to add something different as well.)

Hope this helps.

• If you want it below, you have to edit the HTML file (customization advanced). Through the "standard"/general customization, you can only add it above the login field (in the Logon page agent, you can do it too).

• Hello,

To complete the answers, when you are in the logon.inc file, you can add the following code just where there is the submit button :

//------------------------------------------------------------

?>

Marvin
      Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus

Hi Yann, hope you are doing fine these days, first of all thanks for sharing the code, now I noticed that your code was gone so I reposted it below. I have to say the Forgot Password link is working correctly however it causes the logon page to scroll over several pages.

• Latching on to your discussion - this looks like a solution for a Forgot my Password link alone. Can we provide that service, integration into AD to allow someone to reset their password?

Marvin
     <tr>
         <td colspan=2 class="credentials_table_unified_cell">
             <a href="javascript:document.getElementById('ForgotPassword').submit()">
             Forgot My Password
             </a>
         </td>
     </tr>
         <tr id="submit_row">
     <?       
    ?>
        </tr>
    <?
        $vParam = $_GET['v'];
        if (!empty($vParam) && ($vParam == "v2")) {
    ?>
        <tr>
            <td class="credentials_table_unified_cell" colspan="2">
            <a id="v2_original_url" href="/">%[logon_original_url]</a>
            </td>
        </tr>
    <?
        }
    ?>
        <tr>
            <td colspan=2 id="credentials_table_footer" ></td>
        </tr>
        </table>
        <input type=hidden name="vhost" value="standard">
        </form>
        <form id="ForgotPassword" action="https://forgotpasswordurl" method="GET">
            <input name="CommandName"  value="Execute" type="hidden">
            <input name="UserName" value="%{session.logon.last.username}"  type="hidden">
        </form>
    Marvin

fixed it already use

<form id="ForgotPassword" action="https://forgotpasswordurl" method="GET" style="display:none;">

<input name="CommandName" value="Execute" type="hidden" style="display:none;">

<input name="UserName" value="%{session.logon.last.username}" type="hidden" style="display:none;">

</form>

Marvin

This option hides it and doesnt consume space on the logon page style="display:none;"