Forum Discussion

smp_86112
Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus
Oct 26, 2012

Configuring v10 Active/Standby LTM for IPv6 Default Gateway

We are embarking on our IPv6 adventure, and I must configure the LTMs as the default gateway for devices on an internal VLAN. I am running v10 in Active/Standby mode.

I have configured each LTM with unique link-local address, and a shared floating link-local address. But when I start the radvd daemon, the IPv6 Router Advertisement from the Active unit is from the non-floating address. Intuitively I expect the RA to be sourced from the floating IPv6 link-local address.

I have an open case on this, but my engineer is having a difficult time finding an internal resource who can say anything definitive about how this *SHOULD* work. He has no experience with IPv6, which is no surprise since I have very little myself.

I was wondering if anyone else had configured their LTM as a the default gateway for IPv6 internal VLANs and understands how it behaves in relation to link-local self-ips?

I was also wondering if people are configuring their LTMs with a static IPv6 default gateway, or if they are relying in RAs from upstream routers?

No RepliesBe the first to reply