Forum Discussion

cd
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
May 05, 2020
Solved

Citrix Dekstop inactivity timeout

Hello,

I have a VS with full webtop/Citrix Desktop application and F5 replacing the storefront, it's work fine but the inactivity timeout doesn't work

I have it on 3600 seconds on Access profile and it's working fine with portal access

How can I logout a client who use a VM after a period of inactivity, Is it possible like the User inactivity in Netscaler Gateway ?

Thanks

• Thanks for your response,

Yes I want to cut off the VM after some hours of inactivity..

There are no irule for that in the iApps but I guess since there are all time traffic between client and the F5 to display the VM, it can't detect there are no activity or something..

I will try to set it on the citrix environment instead

2 Replies

• I'm not certain what you want to do (I'm not that familiar with Citrix products)

Do you want to cut the connection to the client?

Do you want to tell the server that the client has left the session?

Anyway, this sounds like something that might have been configured in an iApp, so it is possible that a timer has been set in an irule, or that the tcp profiles have been configured with a keep alive, that ensures the connection won't die.

• Thanks for your response,

Yes I want to cut off the VM after some hours of inactivity..

There are no irule for that in the iApps but I guess since there are all time traffic between client and the F5 to display the VM, it can't detect there are no activity or something..

I will try to set it on the citrix environment instead