Forum Discussion

Caio_Alves_3559
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 18, 2018

Cannot acess interface management

Hello, I have two BIG-IPs installed on the workstation, when I installed the second one to mount a HA LAB, I can not access the second BIG IP management interface, the first one I can access without problems, the interesting thing is that I I can ping the BIG IP and I can also access via Putty, and when I try to access via web browser ERR_CONECTION_REFUSED I need help, thank you right away.

5 Replies

• Is there any change you have implemented an HTTPD list that is not allowing access to the management port? For example: tmsh list /sys httpd allow

• Hello, I did not make any changes I made the installation of the second big ip in question, I just configured the management ip to the network mask and the default gateway, it is important to say here, that when I reset the system it changes the management ip sometimes.

• I find it difficult, the big ip to have come with a default blocking the management port, since it is the same .ova file that I used to install the first one that works normally.

• from your initial post you suggest you installed two BIG-IPs on your workstation. so something like virtual box or VMware player is used? that isn't really a normal / supported setup.

BIG-IP wouldn't block management with default settings, there is a bigger chance the hypervisor or your setup is doing something which causes this. unfortunately that is quite tricky to trouble shoot via a forum.

you could try the VMware or Virtual box console to check if traffic reaches the interface.

also if your management changes with reboot you might be using DHCP, try with fixed IPs for a change?