Forum Discussion

ted
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jul 01, 2022
Solved

BIG-IQ backup failure

If you happen to get an error message like this from a BIG-IQ backup look for an orphaned ucs file in /var/tmp. Once the orphaned ucs file is removed the backup should complete successfully. The message itself is true, that directory does not exist (on my BIG-IPs or BIG-IQ anyway), but seems to have northing to do with the cause of the error.

Error occurred during backup/restore operation on 00.00.00.00: /mgmt/tm/shared/sys/backup not found

8 Replies

• Thanks for the heads up ted . For the message itself, would you mind reporting that into a support ticket if you have a moment? This would help in getting it clarified and accurate in future versions.

ashu_aggarwal1
      Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus

I am having similar issue however i do not see any orphan file in /var/tmp directory. Please suggest.

FClive
    Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

buulam: was there any update on this?

I am investigating an issue with our scheduled backups. I get the same error for one of our load balancers.

• So? Someone have news about this error?  task .ucs failed: error occurred during backup/restore operation on : /mgmt/tm/shared/sys/backup not found; please ensure the device is healthy