Forum Discussion

richard_polyak
Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus
Jul 20, 2021

BIG-IQ 8.1.0 and BIG-IP device Trust

Good day, I am hoping someone could assist on my issue.

I have upgraded our BIG-IQ from 8.0.1 to 8.1.0. During the the upgraded half of the 80+ devices lost it's Device Trust with BIG-IQ.

During the post BIG-IQ upgrade process, where you are to re-import the BIG-IP devices I received errors on half of the devices, and the status came back as "This device is not available.".

I manually went to the devices and tried to re-import the device, but I received the following error:

"Error getting resource provisioning from /mgmt/tm/sys/provision on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx), Authorization failure - you may need to remove the device from BIG-IQ and add it again to reestablish trust"

So I was able to do this on devices that I have yet to declare any AS3 configurations, but it puts me in a catch 22 with devices I have. I am unable to remove these application services as the device trust is broken. I am unable to discover the device as trust is broken, and I am unable to remove device as application services are defined.

Does anybody know how to re-establish the device trust without destroying the AS3 configurations on the BIG-IP's? Any of the API's have not worked.

This does not work https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K01131523.

I have a support case open with F5 but this has yet been resolved. This issue to me brings up a bigger problem, what would be the RMA process if you if you have AS3 declarations defined?

Thank you in advanced for any assistance.

1 Reply

Dojs
    Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus

When i did the upgrade of my environment, i miss all my applications with AS3 and i had to setup all them in legacy mode.

When I missed communication between BIP and BIQ, I ran the follow commands

### CLEAN BIG IQ on BIG IP ###

mv /config/f5-rest-device-id /var/tmp 

clear-rest-storage -l

tmsh save sys config

(optional) shutdown -r now

+++ CLEAR ALL ON BIG IQ

clear-rest-storage -l -d