Forum Discussion

Ram_Ravella_162
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jul 04, 2014

BIG IP LTM VE GUI page loading issue

Hi,

I am new to BIG IP LTM and I started installing a LAB in my PC. I have downloaded LTM VE from F5 site and installed VMware workstation 11 in PC. I have added the .scsi image which I have downloaded to the VM workstation and I am able to login to command prompt. For licensing part, I am trying to access 192.168.1.245 the default IP of the management port. But could not able to access the page using web browser. Can you please suggest on the settings to be changed in the interface like bridged or custom. Or any changes to be done on my PC (Physical)

2 Replies

• The LTM VE image will generally deploy with 3 interfaces: the first bound to the management interface, and the two others used for internal and external VLANs. In order to access the management interface, you'll need to:

1. In the VMworkstation network config, for the interface you're using for the VE management net, set it to make a host adapter. This will create an interface on your host system.

2. In this new host adapter on your local machine, set the IPv4 address to something in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet. At this point you should be able to ping the management IP address: 192.168.1.245.