Forum Discussion

Marc_Jones_4616
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Feb 11, 2009

Aventail SSL VPN

Hi Guys

I have been asked to configure a Virtual Server that will load balance our SSL VPN Client. First of all has anyone ever used Aventail SSL? If they have, could you help me!

I have created a VS for https, and after support from F5 they said that i needed to created the VS type as Performance (layer4). I have done this, and i am able to Load Balance between my 2 Aventail boxes...... but after reading some support pages, it seems that i need to have SSL Persistance on the VS. If i try and add SSL persistant i am told " SSL persistence on virtual server AVENTAIL_VS requires a TCP profile and cannot be used with an FTP profile."

has anyone added SSL Persistance on performance (layer4) or configured an Aventail through the F5. Its driving me crazy!

thanks for any help

marc

3 Replies

• Hello Marc,

afaik, ssl persistence doesn't work with Performance (L4) VS. Have you tried with Standard VS?

Javier.
  • hi Javier

I have tried with Standard VS and this does not work as well. I have had a call open with both Aventail (sonicwall) and also F5 and it does not seem to work.... unless you know any different ;-)

Thanks

Marc
    vinceKahn_97184
    Historic F5 Account
    Was wondering if you had any luck with F5/Aventail support? I've been playing around with this and discovered I could use Standard VS but had to set the HTTP profile to none. Doing this worked and allowed me to use SSL persistence. I'll post back the results.