Forum Discussion

jonathan_239725
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 22, 2019

ASM XML incomplete when trying to export via https://%s/mgmt/tm/asm/file-transfer/downloads/%s.xml

I am having issues when trying to download an exported ASM policy in XML format via ansible python module (custom). Not compact. The issue isn't so much the acquiring of the ASM XML payload but the fact it is incomplete. The Policy ID is first retrieved from '$filter=name+eq+%s&$select=name,id'

The export request is generated at using the previously acquired policyId and other a serviceName variable for the xml file

Finally the xml payload is retrieved at

The xml payload is successfully downloaded but when uploaded into an adjacent F5, there is a parsing error. Come to find out after comparing this xml payload, to one exported from the GUI, it is incomplete. Specifically, it always stops at this location in the signature definitions

true false true

I went to the URI directly and the xml payload is also incomplete.

TMOS is v14.1

The consistent thing in this issue is the export size. It is always 954 kb.

Am I missing an important step to be able to see the fully exported xml ASM policy?

Any and all help is super appreciated.

2 Replies

• Sorry XML content got cut

true   false     true

These are the last couple lines in the XML payload.  As you can see, it end abruptly on the  xml closing tag.  Comparing this to one manually exported, there are ~5000 more lines of XML before completion
  • version 14.x is known to be quite buggy. I suggest opening a Support Case with F5 Support