Forum Discussion

Intothecloud
Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus
Sep 23, 2022
Solved

ASM NO SIGNATURE AVAILABLE FOR CVE-2021-21985

We have the latest signature applied on ASM but while filtering on ASM signtures  I can't find any signature for CVE-2021-21985. How can we make sure that signature for CVE-2021-21985 is published by F5?

• OK, I heard straight from F5 SIRT that, 'Yep that signature exists in ASM since 2021/6/11.'

6 Replies

Intothecloud

Yes , I have gone through the KB article , the issue is this VMware servers services are behind the F5 ASM and ASM block policy already applied to this servers but still our SIEM solution captured the exploit attempt matching ID CVE-2021-21985 so customer wanted to know why exploit attempt not blocked by the ASM when i checked the ASM signature i can't find any signature for this particular CVE. 

PSilva
      Ret. Employee

OK, I heard straight from F5 SIRT that, 'Yep that signature exists in ASM since 2021/6/11.'

Intothecloud

Thank you PSilva for taking time to follow up with relevant team, when i filtered using CVE field after applying latest signature it didn't show up anything that's why i created this post to get more information on this, I will check again for the same.